Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our day trip to Dauset Trails

The kids have the week off from school for Thanksgiving - and since we aren't going anywhere I decided to take the kids to Dauset Trails. It is such a fun place to go - lots of animals for the kids to see and it's a nice little walk in nature. We invited our friends, the Blakes, to go with us. First we had a picnic, and then off we went to enjoy nature! Kaylee kept track of all of the animals we saw: horses, cows, birds, goats, dogs, deer, squirrels, red tailed hawk, bobcat, wild turkey, bison, opossum, red fox, barn owl, gray fox, raccoon, ducks, grasshoppers, turtles, a spider, butterfly, minnows, cougar, great horned owl, osprey, big black bear, screech owl, bald eagle, beaver, otters, pigs, chickens and roosters!
All of the kids together before the hike!
We found this turtle on a log - so all of the kids took turns touching it.



The fall colors were gorgeous!

Our family picture - we wish Kendahl could have come with us!

3 comments:

Shaela said...

That is amazing that you saw so many different animals on one trip!

Sara C. said...

Wow, it is beautiful there! The colors are just gorgeous. I think Konnor's hair is sooo cute! He looks like he could fit in with my boys! Great pictures, as usual!

Kendra said...

Very cute Jen. I haven't checked your blog in a long time. What cute kids you have. I hope you have a great Christmas!!