Well... he did it again. He got hurt at church. Last time he got hurt at church was two years ago when he sat on a toilet seat and got chemical burns on his legs from chemicals which were accidentally left on the toilet seat. This time, he was playing under a table and the table tipped and fell on his hand and basically crunched it. We thought at first that he just got a pretty bad cut, but after he wouldn't stop crying and then when I noticed his hand had started swelling, I knew something else had to be wrong (besides just a cut). And sure enough... THREE broken bones in his hand. Leave it to Konnor to get hurt during church... again! Poor little guy. He's been in quite a bit of pain - but now that the cast is on he's doing much better and hopefully will be able to mend quickly!

This is what I saw after he finally let me see it (after an hour) - a big puffy hand! So off we went to the Med Clinic.

Holding the ice pack on while we waited for the doctor.

They found three broken bones, so they put it in a sling and sent us home to see the orthopedic doctor the next day.

They told him to keep it elevated and ice it as much as possible because it was so swollen. He was pretty cooperative (for the most part!)

Today we went to the orthopedic doctor and this is how his hand looked when they took off the ace bandage... still very swollen and much more bruised. :(
.jpg)
The x-ray was up on the computer screen so I took a picture - it's kinda hard to see the breaks - but I put arrows so you can kinda see where he broke it.

The doc starting to wrap it...

He chose a
BLUE cast (because it is a boy color, of course!)


All smiles again!
2 comments:
Oh man! That looked horrible. I'm so sorry it happened. I'm glad it's in a cast, though, and hopefully it will heal quickly.
Funny - only a blogger or a scrapbooker would take pictures of all this happening. Love the play-by-play!
I agree with Christine. I was giggling because it seems us Blogger Mom's have gone coo-koo. We are like Japanese tourist taking all sorts of pic of our kids injuries and other life's little happenings! :O) Poor Konnor, hang in there little guy. Before you know it the cast will be off and you'll be felling better. (PS that was some way to get out of church! I may need to remember that next time I have to speak.)
Post a Comment