Sunday, May 10, 2009

Surprise baby shower!

Last Wednesday, I went to the church for mutual. I was told we were going to be doing "camp prep" (to get ready for Girls Camp this summer). But instead... they had all planned a surprise baby shower for me! It was a lot of fun - and I got so many cute things for the baby! They had quite the spread of food and two super cute cakes. I really appreciated everything!

And this is just fair warning - I am just 3 weeks from having the baby - so these pictures aren't the best of me. I've gained just a little bit of weight (ha - okay a LOT of weight). But it was such a fun evening, I had to put some pics up! So don't look at me - but just look at all of the fun we had together!

Walking into the room - SURPRISE!!

The room was packed with all of the Young Women and their Moms.

They made me wear this sash that said "Mom to Be" - it kept falling off - I obviously don't have enough beauty queen experience to know how to keep it on!

One of the two SUPER cute cakes!

Time to open presents...

I got soooo many cute things!

Kaylee came in afterwards (she also had an activity that night) and was excited to see all of the gifts!


My great friends who threw the shower for me - Daphne, Nancy and Debi! (I really wish I could crop myself out of this picture!) It was so much fun, though. I am just so appreciative of everything they did to make it such a fun, special night for me (and the baby!)

5 comments:

KA said...

So fun and so sweet. Congrats again.

Hibbs Family said...

What a great surprise!! Love the cake and you look great.

The Smiths said...

Aaaaawwww, that is so sweet! Sounds like you have a great group in Young Womens! Jen, you are gorgeous- prego and all! Love ya!

Sara C. said...

How fun! What nice friends!

You look great, by the way. Cut yourself some slack, you are about to give birth! :)

Pruett said...

Um....can I just say that you look so AWESOME!!!!! You are super cute pregnant! I don't know why you wouldn't want to do this 5 more times, you make it look like a breeze and are so cute at it! No biggy...right?
That was so nice of your YW and leaders. What a fun night for you.
love ya!
heather