Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trunk-or-Treat

Tonight was our Trunk-or-Treat at the church. Kaylee was going to be Hannah Montana, but today when she put the wig on and it was too itchy, we were back to square one. It was just a tad stressful because she couldn't figure out what else she wanted to be and time was ticking! So I went to familyfun.com and looked for something we could make from scratch at home that wouldn't be too expensive - and found a jack-o-lantern face! It was A LOT of fun to make. We put ivy in her hair (I cut off pieces of fake plants I had around the house) and then painted her face like a jack-o-lantern! We had a great time putting it all together and honestly as we were doing it, I wasn't totally sure it would turn out! In the end, she looked awesome! It was definitely very original and fun to do something "homemade!"

Konnor was Batman, of course. It's his dream to be Batman, so finally that dream came true tonight! Thanks to my friend, Becky, for providing the costume so I didn't have to buy it!

Kenna was the cutest witch you've ever seen! Thanks to my friend, Lisa, for providing that costume as well!

And Kamryn was a pumpkin - the same exact pumpkin costume ALL of the kids have worn their first Halloween!

The kids had a great time. We had a chili cookoff and while we didn't win, we know the chili we made was the best (ha!) The kids got lots of candy and everyone came home happy (and on a sugar high!) It was just a taste of next week when they will get to go fill their buckets again! :)

Trick-or-treat!

Kaylee said the face paint felt weird so she didn't want to smile - besides, she said that the jack-o-lantern on her face was already smiling! :)

Konnor insisted he bring his cape around his body like that because that's what Batman does you know.

Since I painted Kaylee's face - and also painted a bat on Konnor's cheek, Kenna wanted something painted on her face! I didn't know what to do - but then I realized - witches usually have a wort on the end of their noses! So that's what she got. A wort on her nose. :)

Our sweet lil' pumpkin.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Such cute costumes and kids!

Hibbs Family said...

Your kids are so cute! I love Kenna's witch "mole". :)