Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Fun!

This summer we've had tons of fun together! I've really enjoyed being with the kids and doing fun things together. We swim almost daily and we've also gone to the movie theater to watch movies! The kids also spent a few hours a day for a week at "Pirate Camp" and "Princess Camp." These were at the local museum and the kids had such a great time. They incorporated science and math while doing "princess" and "pirate" things. Konnor especially got attached to his teacher - and on the last day asked me if he could go over to her house to play! They had a great time dressing up and doing lots of science and math projects throughout the week.
Here is Konnor with his teachers.... Aaaargh Matey!

Here is Princess Kaylee with her princess teachers!

We also went bowling with some friends - the kids had a blast!

And NEWSFLASH: Kaylee can swim! Here is Kaylee going off the diving board - without her life vest! She decided that she wanted to learn how to swim - and in just about 1/2 hour she learned how to do it! The next big thing was to go off the diving board by herself - so I made sure that she could swim across the pool without any problems. She did - and so I nervously let her go. The first time, I went down to the deep end with her. I wasn't nervous about her swimming - but about going off the board - and then looking down and seeing the bottom of the pool and maybe freaking out. But she wasn't scared at all ! She jumped off - and swam right on over to the edge! So it is official... Kaylee can swim! And she nows goes off the diving board all the time without me being there. Here is a short video of her big accomplishment:

No comments: