Monday, August 06, 2007

School Days

School started today! Wow. Summer sure did fly by. We had a lot of fun together but the kids were definitely excited and anxious to start school. Kaylee is in 1st grade. And Konnor is in Pre-K at the same elementary school (her classroom is only two doors down from him). They are very excited to be going to school together! They rode the bus today - but I met them at the school to make sure they could find their classrooms. They both were so happy to be there. We walked into their classrooms, gave hugs and kisses, they went to their desks and sat down. And that was it! School has begun! And yes, I bawled the whole way home! Here are some pics of their big day!

First though, they had to go get "back to school" haircuts!







The big day finally arrives! Here they are... ready to go to school!







They were anxious to get to the bus stop - they stood there for quite awhile!

So they finally decided they'd better sit down to wait.

Finally... the bus arrived! Kaylee rode the bus last year - but this was Konnor's first time ever on a school bus!

Here they are getting off the bus at school!
Kaylee with her teacher, Mrs. Wagner.

Konnor with his teacher, Mrs. Stewart.

4 comments:

Bobi Jensen said...

Okay, I guess I'm hormonal because tears came to MY eyes watching your kids go to school. I love your kids. Hope they are having fun. I guess we're not the only place that starts school so early in the year. Ours starts next week.

Conder Family said...

They are all grown up! Have a fun first grade year Kaylee and Konnor have a blast in Kindergarten!

Cappell Family said...

Jen i can't believe how big your kids are konnor has just grown up so fast. I love getting your blog keep sending it when ever you update it. I started mine but just haven't finished it yet.Hope all is well peace out cari

Hibbs Family said...

Good job Jen! I love your blog~! Your kiddos are getting so big! They are so beautiful. I bet you will enjoy your quite days with Kenna! Miss you guys, Irene