Fun story: At church, I serve in the Young Women's Presidency (working with the youth ages 12-18). A couple of weeks ago I was in charge of the activity for the combined Young Men/Young Women on Wednesday night. We decided it would be good to get to know our new prophet - so we decided to play a trivia game about him and his life. As I thought about refreshments, I decided it would be fun to serve Pres Monson's favorite dessert. So I got online and searched google and the church website to see if that information was out there. But I couldn't find it anywhere! So I decided the only thing left to do was to call Church Headquarters and see if anyone knew where I could find that information. I dialed and told the lady that we were having a mutual activity and I needed to find out the prophet's favorite dessert. She thought that was fun - and gave me another number (to the Church Administration Bldg). So I called that number and told the lady what I needed. She said, "Well, let me connect you to Pres Monson's office!" I was shocked! I was hoping maybe someone along the way could just tell me - I definitely didn't want to bug the prophet about this! Was my question THAT important to take up his time? Well, before I knew it, a nice lady answered the phone and said, "Pres Monson's office" and so I explained that I needed to know Pres Monson's favorite dessert for our youth activity. She said, "You know, I don't know what his favorite dessert is. Let me ask him!" She put me on hold and after a minute came back and said, "Okay, it is any type of pie except rhubarb and raspberry. And LOTS of vanilla ice cream on top!" I told her thanks for her time and got off the phone. I was a little in shock, I'll admit. But super excited to have found out! At the activity, we played the game and then after we were done, I told the youth that I had called Pres Monson's office and found out his favorite dessert so we could have it that night. They all couldn't believe it, of course. But we all enjoyed apple and pumpkin pie that night with... OF COURSE... lots and lots of vanilla ice cream!
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Pres Monson's favorite dessert
Fun story: At church, I serve in the Young Women's Presidency (working with the youth ages 12-18). A couple of weeks ago I was in charge of the activity for the combined Young Men/Young Women on Wednesday night. We decided it would be good to get to know our new prophet - so we decided to play a trivia game about him and his life. As I thought about refreshments, I decided it would be fun to serve Pres Monson's favorite dessert. So I got online and searched google and the church website to see if that information was out there. But I couldn't find it anywhere! So I decided the only thing left to do was to call Church Headquarters and see if anyone knew where I could find that information. I dialed and told the lady that we were having a mutual activity and I needed to find out the prophet's favorite dessert. She thought that was fun - and gave me another number (to the Church Administration Bldg). So I called that number and told the lady what I needed. She said, "Well, let me connect you to Pres Monson's office!" I was shocked! I was hoping maybe someone along the way could just tell me - I definitely didn't want to bug the prophet about this! Was my question THAT important to take up his time? Well, before I knew it, a nice lady answered the phone and said, "Pres Monson's office" and so I explained that I needed to know Pres Monson's favorite dessert for our youth activity. She said, "You know, I don't know what his favorite dessert is. Let me ask him!" She put me on hold and after a minute came back and said, "Okay, it is any type of pie except rhubarb and raspberry. And LOTS of vanilla ice cream on top!" I told her thanks for her time and got off the phone. I was a little in shock, I'll admit. But super excited to have found out! At the activity, we played the game and then after we were done, I told the youth that I had called Pres Monson's office and found out his favorite dessert so we could have it that night. They all couldn't believe it, of course. But we all enjoyed apple and pumpkin pie that night with... OF COURSE... lots and lots of vanilla ice cream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
That is so cool! I guess when you have an important question the best thing to do is to go right to the source...literally! Even if it's the Prophet! Way to go Jen!
So Cool! I can only imagin the adrenalin rush you had while on the phone!
I am not really surpirsed because this kind of stuff always happens to you!!!!
What a cool story! Why didn't you just ask the secretary to put you through?! Just kidding! :)
Cool story. I think we underestimate how much the prophet cares for us and how important things really are. This small story has touch all your youth and all of us that you have shared it with. Thanks Jen!
That is amazing! What a fun idea for an activity! Our leaders are the best!!!
oh my word!!!! I can't believe that. See...even the little things matter to the Lord and Pres. Monson and associates. What a cute story. Do you mind if I share it? lv, Heather
That is so amazing. It is nice to know they are not these untouchable beings removed from everything. They are people too--with great taste in desserts. What I great story. I am in the YW. I will definitely share this story.
Jen you are always so thorough! What a cute story.
That is really fun! I love that you just called him right up even though you didn't mean to. I just got a new calling. We have a new ward that is being created and I will be the new Primary President. I'm not set apart but I'm doing all the prep work for that first sunday. Totally new calling for me. It should be fun. :)
That is a great story! I love all your new posts. You have been busy!
Hi Ref,
Love this story!!
I see you changed your blog background. It is so cute!
Love, Schwanie
Post a Comment