The place to help you stay up-to-date with the happenings of the Johnson Family!
Friday, June 06, 2008
End of School Year Gift
I have told a few people about this - so thought I'd post it so you can see what it looks like. I was the room mom in both classes this year - so I wanted to do something special for their teachers for an end of the year gift (Kaylee's teacher is moving - so I especially wanted her to be able to remember all of the kids she had in her class this year since she won't see them again next year). I decided to do a keepsake book - and had the kids write a letter to their teacher - and then I took a picture of each child with her. I designed the paper that they wrote the letters on - and took it to class one day (I had arranged with Kaylee's teacher ahead of time for her to be gone for about an hour while they worked on this surprise for her!) After they wrote the letters (which included things she had taught them, what they learned, etc) I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out a nice scrapbook. I then designed the page with their picture - and inserted both pages into the book. It turned out nice - and I hope will be a special keepsake for her to treasure. I did three of these books - one for Kaylee's teacher (examples are below) and then one for Konnor's teacher and for the teacher's aid.
2 comments:
I love it!! My room mom made me one like that and I just love it! You are super mom, Jen!
Great Idea! You are so creative! I don't know how you do it all.
Post a Comment