Friday, June 26, 2009

Thanks, Mom!

This is just a little tribute to my Mom. She came to help me for three whole weeks when I had the baby - and was just such a huge help - I can't even put into words how much it meant to me. She always comes to help me when I have my babies - but for some reason this time I just really appreciated it even more. She was amazing (as always) - I didn't have to do a thing while she was here. She took care of the cooking, cleaning, laundry, did fun things with the kids (swimming, library, made cookies with them, played games, read books, etc) and the list goes on and on. She was always telling me to go lay down and take a nap - and when I'd wake up - the kitchen would be sparkling clean, the kids would be reading books or she was playing a board game with them (sometimes I had to pinch myself - was it just a dream? That is the type of thing I have many times wished for - a good fairy to clean while I slept!). It was just such a relief to me - and helped me recover so much faster from my c-section. She also took some of the midnight feedings which was great so I could get an entire nights sleep. It was so awesome having her here - I just hope she wasn't too exhausted when she left! THANKS, Mom! I love you!


Kenna making cookies with Grandma!

Grandma swimming with the kids!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW - everyone needs a mom like her!! You are very blessed! I'm so glad you had such great help!

Bobi Jensen said...

It's nice to see a picture of her. I love her chocolate chip cookie recipe from our 3rd ward cookbook. I hope to be a grandma like that someday! That's my goal. So glad you got some pampering. You deserve it!