Sunday, May 11, 2008

Candy Bar Leis

Kendahl was in charge of the Mother's Day gift that would be given to all mothers at church - so I came up with something I had seen before - a candy bar lei (or necklace). I had to make a total of 70. I made about half and fortunately my friend offered to make the rest (they took about 3 minutes each to make - so it was a tad time consuming). Anyway, they turned out cute and everyone seemed to like them (who wouldn't want a little bit of chocolate for mother's day?)
Kaylee modeling the candy bar leis that I made (there are about 35 in this picture).

This is the card that I gave out with the candy bars. It was a great quote by Sheri L. Dew - she gave a wonderful talk about motherhood and that quote was part of her talk.

Kendahl's mom modeling her candy bar lei after church!

3 comments:

Hibbs Family said...

boqblxYou did a great job, they are so cute! I love the cards too. :)

Rebecca said...

You are a genius!!!

Sally said...

Love that idea! Our ward gave out those BIG symphony bars! Yeah, who doesn't love chocolate?!