We had a fun day on the 4th of July. We went swimming for 3 hours - it was great - there was hardly anyone at the pool and the lifeguards were playing games with the kids and giving out prizes. We didn't buy any fireworks for that night (I actually didn't think about it because I never saw a fireworks stand!) so I figured that was the end of a fun day. But our neighbors called at about 9 pm and said to come outside - they were going to set off some fireworks. Konnor was already asleep - but Kaylee and Kenna were awake (but in their pjs). So we went out and had a great time! Kenna was fascinated (an understatement) with the fireworks. And they had fun with the sparklers. The big fireworks show was the night before - but we didn't go. It was in a stadium and we didn't feel like sitting in the sticky hot bleachers waiting for the show to start. It was a fun 4th of July weekend though - and, of course, fun to just be together! Here are some pics of Kaylee and Kenna on the night of the 4th of July. (I didn't get any pics at the pool that day - I didn't bring the camera).

Kaylee and Kenna watching the fireworks. Kenna would literally shriek and scream (happily) as the fireworks were set off.

Kaylee holding a sparkler (the star on her cheek was a prize she won at the pool earlier that day).

Kenna with her sparkler.

Kaylee making designs with her sparkler!
No comments:
Post a Comment