Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mmmm... blueberries!

We went blueberry pickin' the other day with our friends - and it was so much fun! I've never done this before - and thought it would be messy (and thought the kids would ruin their clothes with blueberry juice!) But it wasn't at all - and the kids had a GREAT time! We got a half gallon of delicious, yummy, fresh blueberries that we picked for just five dollars! We definitely want to go back and get more!
We told the kids to only pick the blue ones...

Kaylee and Konnor next to one of the bushes.

I was worried about Kenna picking the pink ones (because they weren't ripe yet) but I was surprised when I looked in her bucket and found just two or three pink ones - and the rest were blue! She also didn't squish them - which was a relief! I was just imagining a disaster with juice everywhere!

Some of the blueberries they picked.

After we were done, we started walking back to pay for what we had picked. I thought this was too cute.

All of us with our blueberries - Kenna is holding the bag!

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

Yum! It sounds like blueberry picking was fun! I love the picture of the kids walking together. It's those moments we treasure.

Mary Monster Mary said...

i bet I know where that is. We went there too and loved it! So yummy too. Have fun.

Hibbs Family said...

Looking good Jen!! That looks like it was so much fun and yummy too. Your kiddos are adorable as always!!

Sally said...

I love blueberries! Such cute pictures! You're such a good mom!

Bobi Jensen said...

Your hair is getting so long, Jen. You guys are all so beautiful!