Tuesday, September 29, 2009
The day finally came...
I thought I had gotten away with Kenna never cutting her own hair. We had talked about it in the past and she had assured me that only Mommy or Grandma can cut her hair. Well today while I was feeding the baby and talking on the phone (yes, multi-tasking), I saw her go into the bathroom - but I thought she was going in there for the reason we all go into the bathroom. A little bit later she came out and said, "Look Mommy!" At first I didn't know what she was talking about - but then I saw it. To my horror, she had cut both sides of her hair up to her chin! She then went and showed me the floor in the bathroom where all of her hair was laying. It made me sick. I put her in the tub and then called to see if I could get her in for a haircut. We were able to go a couple of hours later and the hairstylist did as best she could (she cut some length off the back and tapered the sides). The pictures don't give it justice. She also cut on the top of her head - so she has little hairs that stick straight up right where her part is. Oh well. Hair grows. And it could have been worse. I just couldn't believe the day finally came. I thought maybe I got lucky and she would never do it - but guess the urge was too great! :)
It's hard to see in this picture but you can kinda see if you look right around where her chin is on both sides.
The evidence.
She cut some off the top too! This part gives me the most headache because it doesn't lay down very easily. Lots of water and hairspray until these strands grow out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my she did cut a lot off! Still the cutest girl ever. Hide those scissors.
Been there...done that! :O)
Her new hair cut looks so cute! Leave it to you to curl and clip it so adorable! (did you spray it with a WHOLE LOT OF SUAVE HAIRSPRAY TOO?) LOL! :O)
Ya know, I heard that this past June when they were demo'ing Merrill Hall they had to bring in the heavy bulldozers to rip out your dorm room...the walls and door were shellacked with hairspray. (True story. It was in the Daily Universe. ;O)
Jake, finally updating myself with your family. The baby is so adorable and I can't believe se has dark hair! How fun! You'll have to check out my blog. It's www.wallworkclan.blogspot.com
You guys look great! Love ya, cajsa
Post a Comment