This was just some of the mold. I took this with my phone camera so it isn't the best - but you get the idea.Thursday, September 10, 2009
A small catastrophe
While Mary was here, she helped me reorganize my kids' rooms. When we were going through the girls' closet, we found black mold growing on the walls! There was a water leak in the wall - and in the closet were some boxes of clothes in the corner. The boxes were hiding the problem - and holding the moisture in and keeping the walls from drying (hence the mold). It was so disgusting and I can't believe that no one ever got sick from it. Anyway, as you can see from the pictures below, we had to pull down the drywall to figure out the problem. As it turns out, the shower was leaking (profusely) everytime it was turned on and we didn't know it (although we always wondered why there was hardly any water pressure!) It soaked the walls and the carpet in the closet. So Kendahl fixed the problem in the wall with the shower - and then our (awesome) friend came and put the drywall up for us. Mary helped me paint the entire closet and then our friend came back and put in new carpet, the new baseboards and the wire shelving. It was a nightmare - but I am so relieved it is all done and everything is now back in order again!
This was just some of the mold. I took this with my phone camera so it isn't the best - but you get the idea.
This was just some of the mold. I took this with my phone camera so it isn't the best - but you get the idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW yuck!! Good as new though! Hope all is well! Cute kids!
Post a Comment